FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong to Europe on the Cheap - Qatar Airways Crazy Fare
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:45 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by flatlander
The bus from the city looks useful; did you happen to find out how late it runs? I am aiming to go back to the airport at sometime around 22:00 or 23:00, with an 02:something departure I don't need to rush but I want some lounge time I'm happy to use an efficient bus.
Done it a few times now - occasionally have a "taxi" experience as I'm the only passenger for the entire route, and when it's slow due to traffic, a taxi will get caught up in the traffic too. Only downside is that the bus stop is on the opposite side of the airport to J/F check-in!

Buy your ticket in baggage reclaim near to the exit, it's 10 riyals for 2 journeys by smartcard (or 20 riyals for 24 hours). You can also pay 10 riyals cash to the driver for a single journey. The drivers are supposed to stock the smartcards but even if they do, they may not sell them to you as they prefer to pocket the cash (the bus company wants to know if this happens, but will you really bother to report them?) One time I paid in coins - wonder how many QR-loving flyertalkers have ever touched a Qatari coin

Also - nice photos hkskyline - thanks for taking them so I didn't have to, I basically did your trip in reverse recently.