FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:16 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Qantas is showing F availability on the exact same 3 CX flights that BA is showing and I searched for 5 seats and two CX flights are showing as available in business.

ETA - called AS again and asked only for HKG-JFK and they see the F space... Seems like the problem is intra-Asia... Agent says they can't see any availability from CMB/SIN/BKK/CGK-HKG.. Really strange.
A lot of CX intra-Asia flights and flights to India, the Middle East and Africa are 3-class aircraft without an F cabin. Did you look at the details on BA to see what cabin each segment is booking into? My guess is the CMB-HGK segment is in J. If you ask AS for CNB-JFK they won't see F as a whole but should see J on the first segment and F on the second. I use Qantas to search availability and have had 100% success in AS seeing what I see even with only one seat availability. I booked 2 JNB-HKG-BOS in J last October for travel last month. After booking J space was still available and remained available right up to departure. If you find J to HKG and F back to the US feed AS the specific flight information and class. I was able to upgrade one HKG-BOS to F at T-11 days. At T-4 there was F availability each of the 3 days preceeding my flight and 3 days after so upgrades last minute seem to be plentiful.

I also booked CX J YVR-HKG-DPS on the A350 in November for mid January on found on QF. Called AS and like my prior booking had it secured in under 10 minutes.

I know there seems to be a lot of people on this thread having issues securing award bookings on CX while my experience has always been exceptional. I have often wondered if the success rate for booking CX awards is in anyway correlated to those who solely buy miles for redemption and those that earn their miles organically. My YVR-HKG//HKG-DPS in J was booked with my 50K bonus miles for reaching MVPG75K. Thank you AS.

James