FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first MS...success story!
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:23 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
radonc1- OP did not manufacture any spend. What OP did had nothing to do with the bill for the piano and they could have done the same thing (far more efficiently) if they had just written a check for the piano payments, and done the other stuff economically. Buy card. Buy money order. Deposit in bank. No assembly or pianos required.
You have described the classic MS, with the last step left off which is pay the credit card off (with bill pay using GC or with checking account using deposited MOs).

But there is no reason not to pay off other bills that don't accept CC payments using that checking account.(such as my insurance bill that only takes checks for payment). And there is no reason not to pay bills that accept MOs (my RE taxes can be and are paid with MOs).

So correct me if I am wrong or misunderstanding something. He bought a GC with a CC. He converted the GC into a MO. He paid the bill with the MO. He was not efficient in his payment transfers yielding a poor economic outcome, but I think it still falls under the purview of MS.

Anyway, I believe that I have plowed this field thoroughly and will now leave it fallow. Apologies for my ignorance.