FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Algiers Airport Transit
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:37 am
jmail1

Programs: Free agent
Agree with SkyTeam, UNLESS you have a 5 hour connection like we did. We landed from Cairo today at 12:45 and have a 5:15 connection on Iberia. I was not able to check-in online so instead of breezing through we had to wait almost two hours sitting in the terminal for the agent to come back with our boarding passes, likely waiting on the Iberia desk to open. We probably could have asked to move around or go sit in the restaurant, but given the language barrier (would have been easy had we spoken French) we just sat where they told us to sit and waited. I'm sitting in the lounge now and agree it's bad. Not Jakarta bad but it's got nothing other than slow wifi.

They are clearly VERY familiar with the process. I assume the new terminal will have a secure transit area but as far as an un-official process I can't imagine it being much smoother. I'm sure YMMV if you get a cranky staff member but based on these recent examples just have either your boarding pass or your printed itinerary and you'll be fine. Also, you DO have to fill out the immigration forms, or at least we did. They took our forms but we DID NOT get a stamp.

From the views on approach and from the airport this is a country I'd like to come back and visit.

Update: Also ensure your boarding pass contains the immigration stamp. Even though they handled the process they forgot to stamp my son’s and we had to stand on the jet bridge for almost thirty minutes while they “ran” back and got it handled.

Last edited by jmail1; Mar 19, 2018 at 9:57 am