FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham to buy La Quinta
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:53 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
I'm LQ Elite now, so I assume they might give me Wyndham Diamond when everything's merged, however it's still not really a positive to me.
Since LQ Elite is now available for just doing 7 stays a year (and for me that means 7 nights, since all of my LQ stays to date have been 1-night stays), I'd be surprised if WyndhamRewards matched that to anything beyond Platinum.

Having said that, the LQ I stay at most often has no rooms to upgrade to (all the basic rooms are already huge, and so it basically means I get the goodie bag, that's it.

And in the areas I stay in the most, the LQ properties that are decent are 16k a night. Only an un-upgraded always-trashily-reviewed LQ (which I won't bother to even try) is 11k. I know that's no true everywhere, but my point is it depends where you travel as to whether 11k works for you, and it depends on the properties you stay at as to whether LQ Elite is anything more than a goodie bag.

For understandable reasons, I've gotten upgraded at Super 8 (even before WR had status, just as a repeat guest I guess) way more than at LQ (simply because some LQs only have one room style in the whole hotel).