FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham to buy La Quinta
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:24 pm
NCLSEA123

Just redeemed 11,000 points for a night in Florida where the rate was $144 a night. Not a bad value redemption, and I've probably redeemed north of 100,000 points with them since I've been a member. I really don't like Wyndham's reward program at all. I'm LQ Elite now, so I assume they might give me Wyndham Diamond when everything's merged, however it's still not really a positive to me. LQ's rewards program is way better.

Originally Posted by SBT
I am a fan of the LaQuinta Returns program. Its a hidden gem. Two great benefits are upgrades never expire and the points and cash deal provides the best redemption value in the industry. $15 gets you an upgrade point redemption to the next highest level. Customer service is excellent and USA based. Their newer properties with interior corridors are on part with Hampton and Courtyard. Will miss this program.
I've looked for Points + Cash rates, but I think they may have gotten rid of them recently. I can usually get $10 in value for every 1,000 points, so I didn't end up using that feature much anyway. If you are still seeing them places, let us know.