FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sheraton vistana villages I-drive problem - opinions - William?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:21 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
sheraton vistana villages I-drive problem - opinions - William?

OK. I have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages I-drive maybe 20 times. My son loves the property and we will continue to stay there, basically no matter what, shy of the zombie apocolypse, and possibly even then.

This property is a time share property.

When you check in they try to get you to go ont he time share pitch. If you decline they often times call you during your stay to try to convnce you.

I took the pitch a few times and decided it wasnt for me. So since that time when I check in I ask not to be solicitated. Many stays ago I requested just this and wouldnt you know it, I still get a wakeup call.
The next stay or two, the same happens so I talk to the front desk and the guy says that instead of talking to the timeshare marketing guys I should be talking to guest services as they have the power to make sure I'm not bothered.
So then fast forward a few stays, I ask at guest services to not be bothered and what do you know - it happens.

So this time I follow up with the GM via email. He promises that this will never happen again.
Around this last new years I have 2 stays at the property. During the first one I ask not to be bothered and I get woken up. I go down to the front desk immediately after and talk to the front office manager. He apologizes, tells me it was an accident and tells me he will see to it I'm not bothered, both on the remainder of my visit and on my next, checking in in a few days. He also gives me his email and asks I advise him in advance of any future visits and he will make sure I'm not solicitated.
Well I check in after a few days and guess what - I still get the early morning calls. I talk to the front desk manager (Fadi) who profusely appologizes and says there was a miscommunication on the fault of the time share sales staff. OK I buy this story one more time.
So I'm on a stay at the same property right now. I email Fadi a week before arrival and he emails me back saying no problem - they wont bother you.

This morning they woke me up, again first thing in the morning.
Fadi isnt in today, and the current front office manager, Byron has passed me off onto another rep at the property.

My problem with all of this is that I do a lot of business overseas, so I'm used to staying up till what most people call 'morning' and waking at noon or so. I sleep very poorly, so I cant easily adjust this schedule and once I'm up I'm up for the day. These early morning calls normally happen like 2 hours after i go to bed and they ruin my day.

My Ambassador isnt in over the wekeend to get involved.

I normally NEVER ask for compensation from a property. Once in london workmen called the room as there was a DND on the door, assumed no one was in it and walked in while my girlfriend was alone, and in the tub doing alone in the tub sorts of things - THAT is the sort of thing that is deserving of compensation I think. But in this case, I'm curious just how other members would feel should they be in my shoes. This isnt a one time thing, but a consistent lack of respect for a customer's wishes. How hard would yall push back on this one?

TIA for any responses, sorry for the rant...

Last edited by stant; Mar 19, 2018 at 7:35 pm