FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DEN first class catering issues
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:39 pm
Kreid33

Flew DEN-KOA last Wednesday and spinach and feta pizza, chips, fruit cup and cheese cake was the only meal option. Much worse for those in coach - wifi was down and many IFE systems were as well. They had no BOB burgers, pepperoni pizza or anything beyond snack boxes. Not sure what happened to make catering even more terrible. The FA blamed “the kitchen having issues today” of course. I was like you mean even more issues than normal and he laughed. FAs were nice about it - I know it’s totally out of their control so we just laughed about it.

Also, I really got a kick out of my “mai tai” which I believe was rum mixed with fruit cup juice ��.

My kids were less than thrilled with the spinach and feta pizza. All they had instead were snack boxes, fruit cups and cheese cake. Really was a long flight without decent food service or even an arrival snack beyond chips. We planned to eat at Timberline in DEN but we ended up running from our connection straight to the plane due to a medical emergency on our ORD-DEN flight.

Just got home last night and will fire off an email to them this week. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and get some points or a credit for 5 paid first seats. The seat was comfortable and the FAs kind but that meal service really takes away from the special flight experience I was giving my mom in celebration of her year after brain cancer diagnosis and surgery. On the positive side big island was amazing! Highly recommended Mauna Kea Beach Hotel if you’re planning a trip! It’s a beautiful and special place!

Last edited by Kreid33; Mar 18, 2018 at 12:49 pm Reason: Sorry - not enough posts to add pictures