FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:59 am
appledabble

Thanks @336 and @scubaccr for your reply. Definitely will manage expectation and will not haggle, that's why I wanted to seek advice first before I approach the hotel. I need a little more guidance here, seek your patience.

At this hotel, I'm seeing that only suite and villa comes with the club benefits. It is not possible to book the classic/deluxe room with club benefits.

Among the suites and villas, all comes with club benefits, and this is the ascending order (in terms of price):

(1) Club Tropical Pavilion Suite
(2) Club Ocean View Terrace Suite (This is the one I've booked)
(3) Club Panoramic Ocean View Suite
(4) Club Beachfront Pool Villa
(5) There are two more types of villas after this, but I won't list it.

Let's just look at the standard guaranteed one level upgrade for Gold Ambassador. The next level of suite, i.e. Club Panoramic Ocean View Suite (3), is sold out on my dates. So I shall expect hotel to upgrade me to Club Beachfront Pool Villa (4)? Is there any restriction on certain suite/villa not being eligible for upgrade to Gold Ambassador at this hotel? Where can I find this info please? I saw that other IC like Da Nang excludes certain suite/villa for the guaranteed upgrade.

So, if I understood your messages correctly, assuming that it's not possible to be upgraded to Club Beachfront Pool Villa (4) despite the Club Panoramic Ocean View Suite (3) not being available, I shall book Club Tropical Pavilion Suite (1) so that I will be upgraded to Club Ocean View Terrace Suite (2), and hope that I will keep (2) for my award night [one night only on 3rd day] and ask hotel to upsell the club benefit for the 3rd night, correct?

Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited by appledabble; Mar 18, 2018 at 7:43 am