FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worthy of a DOT complaint? (Deaf pax AA reaccommodation fail)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:03 pm
jennstv1

Yes, we arrived at the gate late due to the first flight having 2 engine malfunctions causing a delay. But seeing that the malfunctions and delay were the fault of AA, I would have hoped that they would have worked with us on getting our original seats returned to us due to the disability issue when the other pax had not even been seated yet. The GA of this flight knew we were arriving as she called the GA that we were talking too asking where we were and tell us to get over to the gate to board (we thought the plane had already left). We agreed to board because there were no other upcoming flights that would be available to us. And yes, no one was willing to switch (It is always nice when people can do that!!) . I do see both sides, it is just with a disability related issue, I would have hoped they would have been a little more accommodating when it was noted on the reservation. I do appreciate all of the advise though!