FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worthy of a DOT complaint? (Deaf pax AA reaccommodation fail)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:25 pm
jennstv1

Thanks for the reply and we had an amazing time!

Yes, I checked my card (used CSR) for the taxes (award flight) and did not notice any type of reimbursement. I was hoping we would see some miles redeposited but that didn't happen either.

Honestly, coach would have been fine if that got us there, I probably would have tried to contact them to get reimbursement for the one leg. But it is the fact that I have a disability that I feel is a safety concern should there be an emergency. I noted this on the reservation and my husband told the GA when they were discussing it. I had my hair up and wear neon hearing aids so she could clearly see that we weren't making excuses. Seeing that the reason I book seats together is due in part to my disability and that I need a translator sitting next to me, I think they should have made more effort to get us our seats back. They were just starting to board and they knew of the issue. The pax that got upgraded could easily have gone back to their original seats (which were the seats that were given to us). Or I just could be being pissy..lol..