FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2018)
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:43 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ntjane66
NOVA is horrible. I moved out of the area last June and now live in a smaller town in FL. It is so nice to go to an OD during their $10 specials and actually have plenty of GC in stock. A few years ago I was at the Tyson WM and they sold so many mos that their system hit capacity. There was a time they allowed up to 20K in mo per day.
There is no doubt that this game is easier in small towns than big cities. Heck, if we all thought it would last a few more years, there would probably be more flyertalkers moving out to the country.

Originally Posted by riphamilton
the MO fee went up 18 cents! luckily my cashier was cool, and let me do a third swipe on my bank card for the extra amount.

now i have to memorize $999.12. i updated the wiki.
Does anyone know if this MO thing is actually profitable for Walmart? 88 cents still isn't big money. I would think there was much more money in those wire transfers I always see (especially with more than 7 percent of the USA population being illegal aliens).

And I wonder how much fraud is connected to redeeming gift cards for MOs, which I presume Walmart has some liability for. Is this a transaction that fraudsters/criminals actually do?