FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Stop Screaming/Crying Infant on International Flight
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:08 am
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
I have a question for the OP. Would you be willing to pay the airline for the loss of revenue of banning these people? What about for the legal damages they would likely face if sues or fined?

I am the father of an 8 month old who has (so far) been a good flier on 5 of 6 flights, including a 10 hour JFK to AMM flight. But on one recent AA flight from MCO to JFK the poor kid was not feeling it. I dont know what it was, but he would not stop crying. We tried every trick in the book but we were not having it.

Babies cry the same was as adults snore.
That part where you said you tried every trick in the book? That's all we can ask. You tried. OP is saying that the family ignored the baby's cries, which I fully believe because I've seen those parents. Heck, I have a friend who didn't even scold his daughter when she threw a toy across a coffee shop once. He just ran and played fetch like an obedient puppy. I was mortified and haven't invited him for coffee since.