FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My disappointment with 1K, How to get more out of your 1K status.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:49 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Is it usual/ unusual (never used non CPU upgrades before ) to be no.1 on wait list for my LAX to EWR flight on 28th March 0600, with 11 seats remaining and not clear?
Likewise, same question, for my 2nd April EWR to LHR 2100 flight, number 1 on upgrade list with 27 seats remaining.

Using your collective experience of how RPU/GPUs work, what would you say my chances of clearing are, on these flights ?

I spoke to the 1K desk and they said chances are good , but you never know.

I just want to know if it is worth investigating further on where to sit on a 767-400 , and a 757-200 , so I can jump on the best seat if they clear. thx

thx
At one point that LAX-EWR flight was R9. I couldn't believe my eyes. I pounced on it, and R immediately dropped to 5 instead of 8. I'm thinking that a 6am flight on a Wednesday where R was 9 at one point is a good sign, but certainly no guarantee. Good luck! Maybe I'll see you up front!