FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi 19 degree vs Rimowa Topas got carry on
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:45 am
zap7

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Long term durability of TUMI 19 degree?

Originally Posted by alphaod

I've put some miles on the 19, seems the black finish seems more durable than the Topas. Done a couple trips on the smaller jets and it fits in the overhead alright.

But it does seem to have some space compromised by the wheels a bit more on the 19.
Hi alpaod,
now after using it for 4 months from your last post, how is the TUMI holding up?
How does the black finish on the aluminium look now?

It would be great if you could share your experience on this after 4 months or even post a picture.

I want to buy the TUMI 19 degree in black alu, it looks so stylish. I think "pure" aluminium with the silver color just sucks and looks cheap. But after reading about the topas stealth, I am afraid I might regret my decision - some claim after a few weeks of use the black coating would be damaged so much it just looks cheap, ugly and broken, that you could repair dents but not scratches to the coating, and that it would happen after cheking it in once or twice and even when using it as carry on for more than 10 trips a year...
I searched for hours but couldn't find a single report on or photo of a used TUMI 19 degree in black alu...

Thanks and best reagrds,
zap!