FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the "live" Dish Network news feed gone?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:22 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I was a very happy EXP at AA for 17 years and lost my top tier status there just this year. Most of my domestic upgrades there were based on the earliest date booked within my tier, giving me 90-100% upgrade rates during that term, but now they've gone to a 12 month spending pattern within tier that would seriously work against me as a leisure traveler, let alone I had no intention of meeting the $12,000 spending minimum.

You'll find staff at the SFO Admiral's Club will take very good care of you during irregular operations, and I had a membership until I made the move to Alaska 15 months ago for domestic flights. I had the same experience with Admiral's Clubs ranging from DFW to LGA when things were going wrong.

As you're flying between AA hubs (LAX, ORD, JFK, DFW) you'll have plenty of flights to choose from, and with SEA you can fall back on Alaska as AA does not fly there from SFO. Big question is what you're looking for in a carrier. Miles? More flights? Upgrades? Paid business/first? You have to add up all the items that matter to you to decide if a move to AA works. Right now it does not work for me, but may work perfectly well for you.