FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:38 am
usercomments

Originally Posted by platboy
Just to provide another data point. I missed a connection due to my first flight being 2.5 hours late. I arrived at my destination 12 hours late. Citi denied my claim because my trip on a common carrier was not delayed for more than 3 hours. I wrote in disputing that and received a call yesterday. It seems that they are selectively interpreting "trip on a common carrier" to mean "individual flight on a common carrier." When I asked about the definition of trip, it could not be clearly defined. I then explained that a trip must be defined by how the common carrier views it - I purchased an entire trip from Point A to Point C, not A-B and B-C separately.

After about 12 minutes of arguing and circular logic, I was placed on hold for further review. The claim was subsequently approved as a "concession."

I am not particularly amused by Citi's new interpretation of this benefit. It is one of the main reasons I use the Citi Prestige card.
Are you sure you are talking to Citi, instead of Virginia Surety, the underwriter of the trip delay insurance?