FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska MVP Gold Upgrade question
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:21 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashill

I don’t get emails about upgrades (at least not that I notice!), but I think upgrades can be seen in the reservation pretty much immediately. So if you check your reservation online, what does it show?
Each and everytime I get an upgrade I receive an email notifying me that I have been upgraded. I take that opportunity to select my seat via the App.

@ashill

Did your email confirmation show that you were "waitlisted" for first class? Were you the only one on the PNR? If not, were there more than 2? Was a companion Certificate used? When did you purchase your ticket? What class? Did you confirm if U class was available? Check F and A availability for purchase at T-72? Where were you on the waitlist? There must be U space available to be upgraded. If AS holds back on U space to try to sell F last minute, no one will be upgraded. The system will process until 1 hour before flight time when it is handed over to the gate. I suspect that at T-72 there was either a rush of F sales or Y was filling up and they released some U to free up additional Y. If the later was the case, then the upgrade processor would upgrade the Gold 75K first based on class of service purchased and then date of purchase in the case of a tie. Once the 75K are processed and there is still U space open then Golds would be processed and so on.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Mar 14, 2018 at 11:27 pm