FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jettly.com for a long haul
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:54 pm
Nicoolio
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
I'm getting close to giving jettly.com a try for a ~12 hour flight this summer. Cost is about 25% less than flyvictor.com but I think Jettly is quoting smaller aircraft. Flyvictor's lowest quote was for a GIV and Jettly quoted a GIV at the same price as Flyvictor along with a Citation VI and VII and a Learjet 55 and 60 all much less expensive. Are any of these big enough to have a bed?

I'm a little concerned about safety with Jettly. I believe Flyvictor only quotes ARGUS gold or platinum operators and flights with two pilots while Jettly happened to only quote gold/platinum here but doesn't require that nor do they always require two pilots. That makes me feel a bit less confident in them.

Jettly doesn't have consistent change and cancellation policies and leaves that up to the individual operators. I'm not sure how Flyvictor works there.

The odds of finding an empty leg for this route should be good. How much should I expect to save if I wait for that?
Here's a comparison of the GIV and GIVSP

https://www.avbuyer.com/articles/jet...v-giv-sp-20243

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
The flight is from Europe to California.

I haven't flown private a lot. Why is a larger aircraft better for longer flights?
If you don't have a lot of experience with charter, I would look to a traditional broker who can really explain the details -- including fuel stops (which might include de-icing - an extra expense) as well as other details that might be entailed with a flight like you're taking about - ferry fees, crew expenses, even ordering the catering, reviewing the operator's credentials including for the flight crew that will take you over some unforgiving territory - particularly i would want to make sure the flight crew had significant TATL experience.

Originally Posted by Jack David Institute
Would you take your family on a dinghy from Los Angeles to Honolulu? Or would you rather go on a boat suitable for the trip?

With all due respect, I think jettly have lost their minds...

A midsize jet is not capable of doing a europe to california flight without taking multiple stops and there most likely wouldn't be a company that would be willing to do.

Good on victor for only quoting the Gulfstream, as that is the size of aircraft you will need. Seems like robots are running jettly and I won't bother using them.
While Victor may have good brokers - my several interactions with their salespeople didn't really give me much faith. They didn't seem to possess much knowledge of the operators and aircraft capabilities - even if this was just flights from the East Coast to Los Angeles and Las Vegas.