FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:51 am
squawk

Originally Posted by samwilliams88
HI All,
I have a quick request, after achieving Bronze with my new job (we travel in WTP thankfully), I am 260 tier points away from Silver. Now I am 99% sure I am going to Chennai in the next few weeks again in WTP which will get me 180 tier points. Leaving me 80 tier points short. I am looking for a cheap back to back or overnight to get these tier points. Any good deals going for this little amount, or what would you do in my shoes? MY card year ends 8th August.
Thanks in Advanced
Hi samwilliams88, you haven't specified where you're based, but the following assumes you're convenient for Heathrow/Gatwick.

As you only need 80TP and you've got some time left before your year end, I'd say you should take a cheap Club Europe return anywhere in the UK/Europe for a weekend at your convenience. Luxemburg is often cheap on weekend (I think a lot of the cheapest fares, regardless of destination, may mandate a Saturday night stay) - for example £86 each way on 7th-8th April. Check the BA Low Price Finder, set the duration to same day or 1 night and the cabin to Business, and take your pick based on the convenience of flight times, etc.

For LUX as above: £171.70 on BA, perhaps a little less on an OTA, for the following
7th April BA416 LHR-LUX 07:25-09:40
8th April BA417 LUX-LHR 11:35-12:05 or BA419 LUX-LHR 21:30-21:50

You'd need to add in one night in a hotel in LUX on 7th. LUX flights depart from T3, so you'd have access to rather nice lounges (though how much you fancy partaking in alcoholic beverages at 7am, I don't know…)

There may be other options which are cheaper factoring in the overnight hotel, or that you're able to do in a day trip so negate the hotel.

Edit: I've been beaten to it by two others… I need to up my game!