FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:53 am
icebox425

Originally Posted by seat2seat
Full disclosure: During my recent stay, the hotel honored free breakfast due to my date of booking and subsequent inquiry about benefits. That being said, 50% off will result in breakfast costing about $15/person inclusive of taxes and service charge. For what it is, that's an absolute steal, and my husband and I both said we'd be more than happy to pay that in future stays. We ate so much at breakfast that we only needed one more meal each day. If you're gold, you still get 15% discount on all food and beverage. Remember, however, this can't be combined with any other discount, such as happy hour. Thus, I'm not sure if the 15% discount would apply to the 50% discounted breakfast.
Remember this doesn't apply to buffets. We were caught out with a New Years Day buffet at Red Rum. We were not told nor did we see anything mentioning the exclusion of buffets from the discount, only finding out upon Checkout.

We should have argued the issue but Thomas wasn't around at the time and we couldn't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with others.