FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New food in Plus (737): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:35 pm
jdug101

Programs: AC, SPG
Originally Posted by FlyerJ

I dont know of any North American carrier that gives premium product passengers free access to the buy-on-board Economy offering. Other than WestJet (until now). Which is the challenge ... as they’re a “victim” of their own history. They built the expectation (with some customers) that the Plus product comes with free buy-on-board.
Exactly. I've never seen a J passenger in AC ask for a few sandwiches, pizza and a bag of Nibs from the Y cabin cart. But like you say, WJ used to do it that way, and the change in practice naturally creates resent.

I expect those that do LMU's to Plus at check-in, then proceed to try and get every penny of their $75 back in food and booze will be the most upset. And I wouldn't be surprised if that behaviour is in part why this change has been made. I once saw a family of 4 go at the cart like hogs at the trough all the way from YWG - YVR. They were on their way to Hawaii and were stuffing their carry-ons with food to eat on the longer flight.