FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more AeroPlan Miles with ESSO
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:03 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I don't do the PC Optimum thing. I did the PC Plus for a short period of time and stopped after it was clear it offered no points or rewards. Even worse than Aeroplan. You basically present your card, provide the vendor with lots of data for analytics and in return you get no points unless you log into some website and then the retailer has selected 4-5 items but only if you indicate you want to get point and then only over the next few days. It was a problem designed to ensure you accumulated nothing. That lead me to run away from any Loblaws program in existence. Aeroplan is much better can't believe any retailer would want to partner with Loblaws.
I work in an industry that unfortunately means I have to deal with Loblaws, and know more about how they operate than I would like to. I refuse to actually shop there and give them any of my personal business. By extension, I will stop going to Esso, not because Aeroplan will be gone (they never earned me that many miles anyway), but because they have chosen to affiliate themselves with Loblaws.