FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:56 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA0197
Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply! I had a sneaking suspicion this would be the case! Makes for an excitingly quick transfer I think, provided that the gates stay as what they are! I'll be sure to come back and report my experience.
Most flights from the UK arrive at B gates which makes it a little more straightforward if connecting to another B gate. Just go through transfer security on arrival and go downstairs for the departure gate.

I have experience of arriving at every possible gate in FRA from the UK with the exception of AEUW (usually early morning flights) but I have no experience of connecting from ANS (A non-Schengen bus gate) to B non-Schengen. The escalators from ANS take you up to the unclean Z arrival level where you are directed to transfer security. I don't believe you can go to the Skyline shuttle platform from this level without going through security first. However, the Skyline shuttle itself is 'unclean' so on arrival in B you will have to clear security (again). The Skyline shuttle is the only way you can move between Z and B without entering Schengen but I have not travelled between Z and B in recent years (only B to Z ) and cannot tell exactly what to expect. About a week ago I did arrive on the Z (unclean) arrival level but after security I went through passport control down to A and did not use the Skyline shuttle.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing how you find your way from ANS to B31 if these are indeed your gates. Gate assignments can and do change at any time.