FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:43 pm
foolonthehill

Programs: BAEC GCH
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Your two possible approaches are to claim for the delay and taxi fare without giving details just in case the flight has been marked as being OK for this; alternatively forget Article 7, just ask for the taxi fare and perhaps some customer remediation for the hassle concerned (i.e. some Avios).
That is broadly the conclusion I came to - I would (being reasonable in my head) be happy with a refund of the not-insignificant taxi fare + maybe some bonus avios. I don't really think this case necessarily warrants "compensation", as I wasn't more than about 2 hours late home, and would only have wanted to request it if it was the more likely route to achieving some cost recovery.

As much as I'm glad to take compensation owed, I'm not normally of the view that one should claim where the big-picture test is not passed - ie. delay to final destination (home) is less than 3 hours. I do wonder however, what the situation was for those on the coach: with no BA staff involved, what were the chances of any being informed of their rights if they did arrive 3+hrs late into LCY?

Thanks for the help cws.