FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RU confirmed then taken away
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:24 am
BZNZ

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
RU confirmed then taken away

Just wondering if this happens often as I've never heard of this scenario happening to anyone before.

Just finished a flight on NZ2 from LAX to LHR that had RUs lodged for me and my partner from Y to PE. At check in the upgrades cleared and we got boarding passes in PE. When we went to board we both got the red light, and the gate agents re issued us our boarding passes for two middle seats in Y which were at different ends of the Y cabin, even though this was all on the same PNR. No explanation was given to why we were bumped back to Y and they couldn't give us back the seats we had selected prior to being upgraded at check in.

We are a bit pissed off to be honest, not helped by the fact that the flight was delayed out of LAX due to late arrival of NZ2 from AKL.

Other minor issues, run out of one meal option by the time it got to me, no priority tag on luggage even though *G and our bags were basically the last out at LHR.

Not related to NZ service per say, but also had a hard case carry-on bag dropped on my head while waiting to disembark at by an impatient women who was going to miss her connection apparently, so in addition to all this currently sitting in bed with a headache...