FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:55 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by foolonthehill
Scheduled Arrival at LCY: 2135
Actual Arrival at SEN: 2237 (according to Flightradar24)
My Departure from SEN: 2330 (after immigration/baggage)
Likely Arrival at LCY via coach: no earlier than 0045 (assuming 1hr15 journey leaving when I gave up)
Actual arrival at home: 0100 (hence the reason I didn't fancy another 1hr+ journey from LCY)
Thank you for these details. The problem here is twofold: you can't ping SEN's delays on BACF (note that any MCOL would have to go to BACF not BA). At LCY it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes, and SEN is usually just as slick, but the diversion clearly got SEN on the hop. Secondly your next line of approach, as I see it, is that you expected to be home at 22:45 (?) and you actually got home at 01:00, which is still under 3 hours. If you had been on the coach, and you were over 3 hours late back to LCY yes you could have claimed Article 7 compensation, but I can't see BA paying for a hypothetical delay that you didn't actually have. Also BA have in the past regarded all London airports as being the same for timings - this is dodgy anyway, but in the case of SEN really stretching the point. But it wouldn't entirely surprise me if BA said you were just an hour late.

Your two possible approaches are to claim for the delay and taxi fare without giving details just in case the flight has been marked as being OK for this; alternatively forget Article 7, just ask for the taxi fare and perhaps some customer remediation for the hassle concerned (i.e. some Avios).