FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:06 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tdcao
More like BAD MANAGEMENT. The old site was working PERFECTLY and FULL of USEFUL FEATURES. Who DECIDED to scrap that and SHOVE this CRAP up ours? Certainly not IT folks. Must be some BUSYBODY probably newly hired CIO trying and FAILED to score points with the board. Nothing but aggravation everytime I go to the website. The apps are working somewhat but the small screens are driving me insane!
I think it must be a mix of bad management and bad IT. But the common problem is budget and it affects all hotel, airline, etc. travel sites. None of these companies will attract decent talent with the budgets they have. And the only successes they have is when they outsource the work to a firm of good web designers. But then the budgets get cut by management and no more good work gets done. Then it is back to leaving it up to people who are on salaries of less than $50K or so and you get what you pay for. The best people will go to the top tech companies who pay significantly more.