FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:53 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by foolonthehill
- Would I have any sort of claim for a refund of my cab home, particularly on the basis that, had they dropped me at LCY, it would have been too late to get a train home from there?
- Would EC261 apply on the basis that the coach didn't make it to LCY within 3 hours of scheduled arrival (assuming I had taken it)?
- Does cancelling the journey part way through, by making my own way from SEN, stop the clock in terms of delay for EC261? ie is my delay 2hrs because I left their care at 2330, even if remaining passengers were (presumably) delivered to LCY after 0035, over 3hrs late?
1) You may get a £50 contribution to the taxi fare. SEN has a fast train service to Stratford, for the next time..........
2 and 3) I can't make out the specific arrival timings here, but you would need to demonstrate a 3 hour delay somewhere, ideally to SEN (presumably not) but alternatively to LCY by coach. But the fact that you were not on the coach may complicate this. Perhaps you could revert with the relevant times, in terms of originally booked, actual, SEN, LCY and your home potentially, and then I can suggest the best line of approach.

It's possible they will pay the 3 hour amount anyway if you send a brief note in and not give too many details in your claim.