FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:19 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I would suggest uBlock Origin.

I have it installed with Firefox and I am not seeing any of the pop-ups mentioned above.

You do get annoying "Please turn off your adblocker" messages from FlyerTalk. However, if the above assertions are true and IB is ignoring common problems, then I feel much less guilty about using the ad blocker. (Actually, the level of guilty feelings was not that high to begin with.)
I went so far as to use the element picker within uBlock Origin to completely remove the please turn off your adblocker message from the page. I don't think that is still possible on the "upgraded" version of FT because of how it is coded, but I browse FT without any pop ups, ads or messages anywhere and it is delightful. I no longer come near FT on mobile because there is just no way to get the popups/hijacks under control.

Not even going to apologize for it either. FT has been plagued with these issues for as long as I've been a member and it routinely happened even before that as a lurker. It is to the point now where I won't even take my adblocker off if () they even manage to fix it, FT has made it clear where their loyalty lies.