FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:54 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Is this kind of fail rate common?

I only asked for the contactless card because I am going to Paris soon, and I read I might have luck using it at machines if my chip card without pin is rejected (ie, Metro, Velib).
AmEx contactless cards do fail more often in the US than the same card in Apple or Google Pay, but I wouldn't say it's all that common.

Originally Posted by scibot
https://imgur.com/hVBZSZZ What hold up its working fine at my local Harbor Freight! The nfc dots to take a few seconds to appear though. But Kum & Go no longer works what in the heck and I even went the same location that work doesn't either now, makes NO sense. Kum & Go seems to be as bad as CVS' IT lmfao! The nfc dots are completely missing now so its disabled. https://imgur.com/oiUTiJh
Another c-store/gas station called Pump And Pantry now has contactless too and they owned by a company in my state and they use a similar software to Casey's but it actually reads my phone unlike Casey's.
To clarify, I meant Chase ATMs, not Harbor Freight. Those supposedly have the hardware but it's still not enabled.

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
I used a BoA ATM recently with a BoA Visa Debit, and the card stayed inside the ATM for the entire transaction.
Right, the ATMs keep the card as though the chip's used but there's no indication on receipts that that occurred. I should try withdrawing with the Schwab card and see if the AID still shows up for those.

Originally Posted by AllieKat
Two unique failures in three unique merchants. Two vending machines (a ticket vending machine is still a vending machine)
Eh, I'm not sure vending machines are any more or less likely to fail than other places. I seem to remember not having problems with the ones at work, for example.