FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA First Class cabin - invite a friend from WT
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:07 pm
s0ssos

Originally Posted by themax
I've seen this play out many times in various combinations, and at the end of the day it really is up to the CSM/CSD. From what I have been told (when asking the same question to the CSM) is that officially BA requires it's passengers to remain in their class of travel for the entirety of their flight. This is due to a number of civil aviation rules, safety reasons (load balancing, etc) and to maintain the exclusivity of their premium cabins.
I hate it when people spout off that baloney. Like the announcement you have to use the bathroom in your class for "safety and security" reasons. List one.
"Load balancing" on the big twin-aisle planes? You mean, if all the passengers moved to one side the plane would tip over and crash? You don't think there is any luggage underneath the plane that adds some weight or ballast?
If BA wanted to maintain the "exclusivity" of its premium cabins it would make it up to par, with any of the other carriers that offered first (other than UA). I think most people aren't awed by the exclusivity of the $30 motel on the side of the freeway.