FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unashamed bragging post - success in booking LHR-SYD-LHR in J using a 2-4-1!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:48 am
Karen762

Unashamed bragging post - success in booking LHR-SYD-LHR in J using a 2-4-1!

Had to share it here as everyone I've told in person has just looked totally blank and worried why an apparently normal person is getting so excited about a flight booking!

Been planning trip of a lifetime to Australia and New Zealand for three years to celebrate 20th wedding anniversary. Have watched flight availability for months to try and get info on how J seats might be available after totally stuffing up a previous trip where we had saved for two years to get the necessary Avios and then there were no J seats available so had to go Economy and spend a night in Singapore each way en-route. That said they were two very lovely nights in Singapore at the airport hotel overlooking the runway.

Went online just before midnight - did a search on previous (current) day and waited till midnight. Then clicked on next day and there they were. A minute later they were ours.

Was far more worried about ringing the US helpline and getting through. Hubby rang about 23.40 to see how long it took to get through - about 5 minutes - so rang back at 23.55. Followed instructions but got through to wrong department who then transferred us which took slightly longer than I would have liked - about 5 minutes - very nerve wracking! I was online watching availability - luckily there were two seats on the direct flight plus another two on a connecting flight. Agent was VERY helpful and sorted it all out in about 20 minutes and we managed to get seats on the direct flight.

All in all a very easy experience and so happy to get the seats we wanted - just need to book the internal flights with Air New Zealand now.

Thank you American Express, BA and this forum for teaching me how to book it properly this time!