FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy 1K status in charity auction closes today! - extended to noon cdt 12 March 2018
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:12 pm
Jimmie Jet

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
And in practice it will be less because the W premium is going to be at least $200, and probably more.

That's way high, even if you're able to use the GPU on a flight that fits your schedule. If you can't use it, the value is zero. Increasingly, I find the value to be zero.

To the extent there's a market value, it would be derived from ebay/craigslist, where they're commonly priced at $400.
i guess it depends on the route and if you can clear the gpu, I only do one route with the gpu and that seems to be my savings. And I always move the schedule to get the fare that can be upgraded at booking. I imagine most folks don’t do the Tpac route with as much flexibility as I have so they end up a zero value

i asked before if any one has any idea of the redemption rate of gpu, how many expire and are a red herring to he owner.