FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:53 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Kalboz

Asok, Silom, and Sathorn could all be considred centers of Bangkok, but the ICH BKK, on the other hand, is located in the "real" center on town (Ratchaprasong Intersection) and the BTS entry is just outside its doors, placing the entire city at your fingertips. Two huge malls surround the ICH BKK (Gaysorn and Central Chitlom), CentralWorld is just across the street (Ratchadamri), Big C around the corner, Central Embassy a short walking distance, and Siam's mega-malls are just one BTS stop away.

I'm not attempting to promote Silom/Sathorn as the centre of Bangkok. Merely pointing out that it is a centre for many activities (mine!), just as Ratchaprasong is a centre for those who love malls. There's a whiff of silliness to claiming one of many centres as paramount. Though just for the record the true centre is in Bang Rak, between the British Club and Samboon

I polled my Thai colleague who stumped me completely by coming up with Sanam Luang, and I suppose back-packersmight move it a couple of hundred metres north to Khao San.

A definite answer is the geographers centrum: cut out a shape of the city and find at which point it will balance on a needle No arguing with that.