FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy 1K status in charity auction closes today! - extended to noon cdt 12 March 2018
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:56 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
They're not worth $1800 each. You can upgrade a K fare for $600 plus 30K miles, and you can pretty reliably buy the miles at about $0.02/each. So, the absolute upper bound for the value of a GPU is $1200, and that's assuming that K fares are never available in your market and that you can always clear your instruments.
And in practice it will be less because the W premium is going to be at least $200, and probably more.

Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
I value the gpu at $1800 each so when you get 6 of them it has some value

That's way high, even if you're able to use the GPU on a flight that fits your schedule. If you can't use it, the value is zero. Increasingly, I find the value to be zero.

Originally Posted by CIT85
I thought most FTers value GPUs at ~$500. I'm having trouble to clear a GPU for IAD-CDG even on a H fare.
To the extent there's a market value, it would be derived from ebay/craigslist, where they're commonly priced at $400.