FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Mediocre CE Flight
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:46 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
It can be so hit and miss, which in an odd way brings an excited sense of anticipation of not knowing whether service will be awful or stellar.
Recently, I flew to MAD in CE on a 789 and despite the cabin being 1/2 full and with seemingly a full set of crew, several of us in the front section of 'CW' were completely forgotten in meal delivery (I waited 20 min before asking once I realised those that had been served were having trays cleared). It was suggested that I might have been in the toilet at the time of service but I explained that wasn't the case. There were a couple of other interactions which left me puzzled, including the crew member saying they would have to check if they had any champagne when I asked for a glass (clearly, they didn't even know that champagne is offered in CE) and also when I asked for another glass soon after the '40 min to landing announcement' by the flight deck, the same crew member said 'I think the bars may be closed, but I'll check' (I did get a top up). I was tempted to have a moan to CS upon returning home, but the return service by the CSM (done single handedly) on a 4 row CE on the A319 was spectacularly good, so I ended up letting go of the poor outbound flight and awarded the CSM on the inbound flight a golden ticket.