FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Mediocre CE Flight
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:04 am
Bar Operator

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by florens
Thanks for your comments.

It was an A319 and there were 3 cabin crew. One of the cabin crew did the hot towel / landing card run after departure while the CSM prepared the trolley. The CSM got up right after takeoff and worked quickly IMO. It was an afternoon tea flight so the ovens were not needed. It didn't look like she had trouble locating the items in the trolleys. I did notice, however, that she tried to deliver the pilot's meals twice. The first time they didn't open the door to the cockpit so she had to put the trays back and start the service with 1A (trolley brought to the aisle). After that she put the trolley back to door 1L for the second attempt to get to the cockpit.. Then she continued the service with 1F (!) and then me in 1D.

I might complain but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
Thanks for the info.

Still not sure what was going through her mind, flightcrew service shouldn't have really had any impact. This is all speculation of course, but with afternoon tea it may have been worth putting some alcoholic beverages and soft drinks on top/inside the trolley. It sounds like she was expecting everyone to only ask for what she had taken out on her trolley (tea/coffee/water/juice maybe a bottle of bubbly).

Clearly your mistake was to ask for a drink she hadn't anticipated would be requested. 😜

Having said that, G&T is one of the most heavily requested drinks, especially in CE....