FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Mediocre CE Flight
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:42 am
Bar Operator

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by florens
Another experience. I am fairly disappointed even though I had low expectations. 6 rows of CE (but only 17pax) and when I ordered a G&T (sat in 1D) I was told to wait until everyone had their meal and got water instead(!). It was a 1h10min flight. To be fair the CSM was alone in Club and very apologetic. She seemed experienced so I don’t get it really. Unfortunately, she then (after the meals were served) proceeded to serve wine and champagne to passengers in the back and I was the last one to get my drink and the glass wasn‘t even full. Nuts were not loaded either... Ordered another G&T later on and had to wait for 10 minutes for it to be served. This has never happened to me, and I have been on busier/shorter flights...
How many cabin crew on this flight ? She could have asked another crewmember to assist if available and reasonable, but otherwise I'm struggling to understand why serving 17 customers on a 70 minute flight was such a struggle. It requires a little organisation on the ground to be sure. It then requires the crewmember to get up promptly after take off, take out a combined food/drinks trolley into the cabin and get going. It's definitely achievable.

If the CSM was under any doubt as to her ability to deliver the service in CE she should have considered asking a colleague for assistance.