FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OpenWRT, USB powered, dual band multi RJ45 travel router
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:11 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IslesFan
I'm having issues using this thing with WISP mode and public wifi hotspots where you need to go to a portal page and accept terms. I can't figure out how to have it redirect to the portal page. Anyone else have any sucess?
Should be exactly the same process as if you weren't using the router - just go to any website on your computer and it will redirect you.

There is one possible thing that can break this. My GL-AR300M has DNS "rebind" protection turned on by default. This is a feature that stops an internet DNS server returning an "internal" address (ie, rfc1918 - 10.x.x.x, etc) - which is occasionally what these portals use. To turn it off you'll need to go into advanced settings, find the option for rebind protection, and turn it off.

The other option is to login to the portal using your computer, and then clone your MAC address onto the router - at which point it'll think it's already logged in. This has side effects and I wouldn't recommend it as other than a last resort.