FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:43 pm
Global321

Originally Posted by suziemay
If I'm OW Sapphire, do I get access to the Flagship Lounge regardless of flight? Curious about two scenarios in particular:
1) JFK-SEA in First (not Flagship First)
2) JFK-LHR in Economy (booked through BA but AA metal)

From the Wiki, I think I do as my OW status is through Cathay, not American, but I'm starting to doubt myself:

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
  • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)
*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Yes. You have access when flying on any OW flight departing from the USA. (Assuming you are not OW Saphire from AA.)