FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to help an ill traveler return home?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:40 pm
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by MarcelM
A dear friend has been traveling outside the US since the beginning of the year and had a traumatic event occur near the beginning of the trip that has contributed to his stress- and anxiety- levels. He is concerned about managing the return travel alone in his present condition and while I would gladly have flown to meet him to return home with him, the airfares were prohibitive (either BOM-SFO or FRA-SFO) on Lufthansa). I am hoping for your advice to share with him about how to cope with the air travel so he can get home. I'm trying to recall if he bought travel insurance, however as I would prefer him to be home rather than delaying his return I'm not sure that insurance makes a difference. He has traveled extensively over the years, but not in this condition. I would be appreciative of any info you can share with me that could help him.
Extensive traveler, flew out alone but now all of a sudden needs an emotional support human to get home? I'd say have him just get on a flight, in F if it'll help ease his mind somehow, and go home.