FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand B787-9N Avoid Business Class
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:31 pm
sbiddle

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've never once heard or seen anybody complain about not being able to set up their screen during meal service. Nor have I ever seen this mentioned in the hundreds of trip reviews I've read. Surely you don't just decide half way through the service that you want to watch something?

As for no overhead bins at the front in the middle this is no different to any of the 787s or 777s of any airline as it's the emergency exit for the pilot rest area. You can also thank the NZ CAA rather than Air NZ for bedding having to be now be stored in the overhead bins rather than blocking the ventilation as it has done for the prior 13 years.

Despite the aging seat designs and multiple other issues I could mention I think the combination of the folding seat and memory foam mattress deliver one of the best sleep experiences on any business seat on any airline, something that most people I know all agree with. This is the prime reason Air NZ have not changed the seat design as customer feedback also paints this same picture. You would certainly be in a minority to not enjoy the sleep experience.