FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beside Hawaii and Mexico, where can you easily go from the left coast for a vacation?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:50 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrAlex
With a 4 and 6 year old, I'd take a <60 minute flight to SAN and hit SD Zoo, SD Wild Animal Park, Legoland, Balboa Park, and the New Children's Museum. Add in some beach time and stay somewhere with a nice pool.
This. Amusing that you got rejected because it's *too easy* to get to. If you're out west to begin with, want a beach and a fun place for kids, I can't think of a better place than Coronado.

That said, when the kids were that little, we didn't travel a ton in July. We usually went in May or September, times when families with older kids don't travel as much. If you definitely want to travel in July, and want to stay on AS, I'd use that as an opportunity to go to the Northwest or even to Alaska. Oregon and Washington will both be glorious and full of fun outdoors things for kids. I haven't visited Alaska myself yet, but flying this airline definitely makes me want to visit sometime in the next couple years.