FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help planning a 7 week trip to Uganda (then travel from there)
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:30 am
internationaltrip

Question Need help planning a 7 week trip to Uganda (then travel from there)

Hello,

January of 2019 I will be going to Uganda for a 6-7 week period. I will be working/volunteering in a healthcare facility during the week and wanted to explore on the weekends. In Uganda, we will be staying Kampala.

I am in the initial stages of planning this trip and getting everything together. I was wondering if you all in this forum could help me plan my trip?

We would depart NYC to Uganda then explore Africa (or as much as possible from there). Our style of travel is spending 24-36 hours in a city to see the highlights and get a taste of the culture; then if there was a place we really liked we would fly back in the future to spend more time there.

We would have five weekends to go visit places for the 24-36 hours per city (unless we stay somewhere in driving range from Kampala). Do you have any recommendations on any places we can drive to? Which cities close to Uganda would you recommend?

I was looking at flights from star alliance (using UA miles as prices are very expensive) and they are mostly on Ethiopian. Cities we would consider would be Victoria Falls, Cape Town, Addis Ababa, Kigali, Kusaka, or Maputo. Would you recommend any of these (or against any of these)?

We were hoping to use points for whatever possible; if you have any tips that would be great. I currently have 120,000 AA miles and 200,000 chase points.

I appreciate any help!