FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz - Left me Stranded!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:02 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Drdikk
Not sure how to avoid being put on something called the DNR list; I had no idea that there was such a thing, especially since I received no notice that Hertz put me on such a list. I posted here just to warn others that Hertz will put unsuspecting customers on their DNR list, without notice, and they will let you drive all the way to the exit gate before they rudely kick you out of the car.
If you disputed a charge which Hertz considered valid, Hertz simply shows you as owing it money. Chargebacks do not wipe out debt, they simply force the vendor, e.g. Hertz to make its own decisions. Many businesses, such as car rental companies, simply choose to not do business until the underlying issue is resolved.

Apparently when you did deal with the underlying issue, you were removed from the DNR list and received the standard cut & paste apology. This suggests that Hertz would have credited the amount had you dealt with Hertz.

Some businesses will notify you that they have "fired" you and others won't. Your status has nothing to do with DNR. You can still rent, but you no longer have status. If your communications to Hertz have suggested that you won't do business going forward, revoking your status is the natural consequence. Status is a marketing device to get you to spend more. You won't.

As to "compensation" there is none, especially for consequential damages.