FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for power outage
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:47 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smmrfld
For an hour's sleep, no. If you travel much, you must realize that stuff happens. They took care of you. Move on.
Do travel quite a bit (something like 120 nights a year currently, considerably down from recent years), but have not been in such a situation - it's not that "stuff happens" but the neglect that the hotel knew well in advance of the situation and did not notify me.

But I can report on the outcome - I received an personal eMail this morning from the GM (in my inbox when I woke up) that profusely apologized for this situation and asking to meet me when I have the time, so after checking out of the Westin I walked over to the Hilton and had that conversation. The GM seemed genuinely embarrassed about what happened there and fully accepted responsibility - we had a very construction discussion also on whom of the people working that night did the right things and who did not (the trainee really showed empathy in regard to the situation and genuine care while the regular employee just "did his job"). In the end he really made up for this more than agreed, covering the full Westin bill and refusing payment for my reservation, plus inviting wife and myself for a weekend at his hotel to show he can do better. This definitely makes me come back when I'm in Dresden the next time...

Regards,

Dirk