FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz - Left me Stranded!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:39 pm
Drdikk

Programs: AOPA
Angry Response to several replies:

Hertz had apparently placed me on the DNR list, but with no notice to me.
I was apparently placed on the DNR list due to my disputing an earlier refueling charge they had placed on my Visa card - without ever notifying me of any problem.
After many hours of time on my part, trying to reconstruct the related billing error sequence, I was told by Hertz Customer Service that I was removed from the DNR list, and that my account was fully re-established. Then, today (3 months after the Customer Service Rep told me that all problems were resolved, my billing fully corrected, and, they apologized for their billing error), I was notified by Hertz that my Gold status was revoked, implying that I was no longer eligible to rent cars from Hertz, causing me to reinvigorate my social-media efforts to counter their "abuse" of me.
BBB never responded to my Hertz complaint filing.
I was able to rent another car, from Alamo, later that day, but I missed a very important engagement.
I never met an Agent at the rental location, all of the rental paperwork was waiting for me in the car pick-up area; after we loaded our luggage, etc. and drove to the exit did the "denial" come from the Gate Person, in very rude fashion - handing me a telephone number to call - a bogus number that only rang, with no answer - apparently a joke by the gate agent. (in the days immediately preceding the DNR rental denial, I had received three e-mails from Hertz - urging me to upgrade, etc. and thus reconfirming my reservation).
I have received no compensation for this sequence of errors by Hertz, and I don't want any compensation. One of my primary locations where I need to rent a car is only served by Hertz, and Hertz, as of their letter to me today, apparently will no longer rent cars to me, there or any other location - at least I can't be assured of that since Hertz will put you or anyone they choose on the DNR list - without advising the customer of this action.
In my view, all of this dispute relates to the fact that I protested a fraudulent refueling charge that they wrongly put on my Visa card following the rental; they eventually removed this incorrect charge, but not until long after the non-notice DNR event occurred. Hertz has treated me in a childish, vindictive, punitive manner, and Hertz, in my view, has to be the world's worst car-rental agency.
Hertz will leave you stranded too - especially if you are unwilling to accept their wrongful, after-the-fact charges.