FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for power outage
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:28 pm
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Bringing this back up - I arrived at the Hilton Dresden a few minutes before midnight just to be told that the power will go down a few minutes later - a long-planned outage until the next morning which they did neither post on the property page or sent me an eMail about. Elevators out, no light in the room at all, no a/c, no hot water, no room service - the full picture. I schlepped my bags up four floors before realizing all of this and found the room not really be workable for me under this conditions.

With PC- and cell-phone-battery flat, some work needing to be done for tomorrow and the outage lasting all night until shortly before breakfast begins, I asked for a walk to the Westin across the river at their cost which they arranged, covering the difference in rate. However in that process I lost about an hour of sleep as the move simply took time, and it's not really convenient to move to a different hotel at night after dragging you bags up and down four floors.

So in a nutshell - should I expect some compensation in addition to the differential between the Hilton and the Westin's rate?

Greetings - Dirk