FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:43 am
travelbits

Originally Posted by Pamplona
We parked in AMS at an oustanding position (terminal B) and I departed from another oustanding position in Terminal B again. I had 45 minutes connection time between landing (luckily on time) and departure; that’s really short when you board the bus as first passenger (being sitted in raw 1), ..
I completely copy this : the Apron (internally A bus-gates) for AMS are a hassle.

Two things do help at AMS B gates: First, if it happens to be an uneven gate number B or an even but higher than 20 and a multiple of 4 (I am not kidding!) then the plane is at the gate - that helps me in estimating connection time needed. Secondly, when leaving the plane sit in the back of the bus, that shaves of a few seconds as well when heading into the main terminal via the revolving doors.

And of course if one needs tot transfer at CDG to the G terminal, a limo service would be needed indeed.

What I have noticed is that BA (LHR) and LH (MUC) use a smaller first bus (or a dedicted C class bus) when planes are bussed. So, not even for super-elites, just for C class.

Pamplona, I would be interested if you see a difference between KLM and KLM Cityhopper re ULTI - Cityhopper uses the smaller E190 E175 planes, KLM the 737 (within Europe).

CHeers!